Subject: Re: maintaining binary pkgs on the ftp server
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/04/2007 14:27:27
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> What I'd like to see is to coordinate binary pkgs in the large:
>
>  * get an overview of what's there
>  * coordinate/talk with developers uploading binary pkgs
>  * make sure reality reflects NetBSD documentation (or vice versa)
>
>    Documentation in this place would be the examples in pkg_add.8,
>    pointing at /pub/NetBSD/packages/$OS_VERSION/arch
>
>  * document what's there, answering questions like
>     - where can I find latest binary pkgs for NetBSD/i386 4.0
>     - where can I find latest binary pkgs for Solaris 9/x86
>     - where can I find (any) binaries from pkgsrc-2007Q2

As a general scheme, I suggest

     /pub/pkgsrc/${OPSYS}/${OSVERSION}/${ARCH}/${TAG}/All

${TAG} would be either 200yQq or current-200ymmdd. That is, each "All"
directory has some tag associated with it. (Currently, we have some
directories where this isn't the case.)

This would make the first answer very easy: Look in
/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/4.0/i386/ and see for which branches the
packages are available. The same goes for the second question. If there
are no packages on ftp.NetBSD.org, there should be a README pointing to
alternative sources.

How is the third question useful? Anyway, it would be
/pub/pkgsrc/packages/*/*/*/2007Q2

Roland