Subject: Re: Removal of net/bind9/builtin.mk
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2007 15:00:02
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 03:21:23PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > I'm not objecting to a better solution. But just removing it will
> > result in e.g. "milter-greylist" to build the "bind9" package
> > for no good reason. And that's hardly an improvment from the
> > users point of view.
>
> Attached is a first stab at a more generic solution. The operating
> systems with a thread-safe resolver needs to be added, I don't think we
> can detect that automatically.

"milter-greylist" checks for res_ninit().

> For now, DragonFly and FreeBSD are supported, rest goes to net/bind9.
>
> What do you think?

Looks good.

Please add NetBSD >=3.0, SunOS >=5.9(*) and Darwin >= 8.0 to the whitelist?
I've checked those platforms and they all use BIND 9 based resolve code or
something similar.

	Kind regards

(*) Can somebody please check whether Solaris <=5.8 has res_ninit() ?