Subject: Re: How/should one use pkgsrc-wip?
To: Christopher W. Richardson <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2007 15:00:14

> Is there something, somewhere, which describes how/when/why one
> should use pkgsrc-wip (as opposed to submitting packages through
> gnats and asking for a review here)?

Opinions probably vary, but as someone who might review and could put
the package in actual pkgsrc, I prefer pretty strongly that you go the
wip route.  I can then just 'cvs up' to get your work, fix things a bit,
and iterate, and then import when ready, and it's easier for many others
to try it.  It's a hassle to unpack a pkg dir from a PR.  Once you have
a sourceforge login it's easy to put you on the acl.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)