Subject: Re: "torrentutils" vs. "bash"
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2007 13:44:32

At Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:34:08 -0400, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> I was recently discussing an issue with devel/cogito with another
> developer where the scripts installed by the package depended upon GNU
> features of grep, find and xargs.  This was difficult to express using
> the tools framework because the tools framework is most useful in
> describing what's needed by pkgsrc itself, not what the packages need at
> run-time.

Well unless even more has been lost in the gutting of pkg_install than
I'm aware of, are not _BINARY_ package inter-dependencies still
expressed using ${DEPENDS}!?!?!?!?!?

I.e. why isn't devel/cogito patched to use ggrep, gfind, and gxargs, and
the package configured to depend on the package(s) which provide those
g* tools!?!?!?!?

I think you're getting too close to the trees to see the forest clearly

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>