Subject: Re: Disabling gtk-demo from gtk2
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2007 17:09:04
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On 22/06/2007, at 18:58, Dan McMahill wrote:
>
>> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>>> Would you object if it was moved to an independent gtk-demo package?
>>> (If it proves to cut down the build times significantly?)
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino@ac.upc.edu>
>>
>> not my top choice but I can live with that approach.  Can it be setup
>> to automatically be updated when gtk is updated?
>
> Err... and what does update mean in the pkgsrc context?  I mean, which
> approach are you following?
>
> We could make this gtk-demo package depend on a explicit version of gtk
> (modulo the revisions).  This way you'd be forced to keep it in sync
> with its corresponding gtk package.

You're right, I wasn't quite clear about what I meant.

I was thinking of a makefile.common so when you changed the gtk source
version in pkgsrc, the gtk-demo package would automatically be pointing
at the new gtk sources.  Basically I wanted to avoid people updating
what version of gtk we have in pkgsrc and not updating what version of
gtk-demo we have in pkgsrc.

-Dan