Subject: Re: "torrentutils" vs. "bash"
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2007 18:58:59
On 22/06/2007, at 18:37, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> 	Hello,
> I'm trying to build "pkgsrc/net/torrentutils" on my Mac OS X system.
> Despite the fact that Mac OS X provides "/bin/bash" and
> "pkgsrc/mk/tools/" knows that "pkgsrc" is trying
> to build "pkgsrc/shell/bash" as a dependence.
> How do I debug what's going wrong? I've tried "bmake
> but it doesn't produce any useful output.

After a quick look at that package, it seems to me that it is
incorrectly doing a DEPENDS+=bash.  That line seems extra, as it also
has a bash:run in the USE_TOOLS.

Which reminds me:  cogito is broken under OS X because it requires
bash 3.x; however it thinks that the native bash is good enough and
uses it.  Is it there any way to specify a minimum required version
to the tools framework?  Is that supported to ask for bash 3.x?

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>