Subject: Re: various problems with pkgsrc under solaris
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/20/2007 07:25:46
Raymond Meyer wrote:
> I'm building a lot of packages on SPARC Solaris from current pkgsrc and haven't
> noticed any problems. Are you building your packages inside chroot jail? Which
> GCC compilers do you use, the one bundled with Solaris under /usr/sfw or the
> one built from pkgsrc and which version?

yes, inside a chroot jail.  That part hasn't changed in quite some time.

gcc-3.3.5.  It was built via pkgsrc but with the following:

TOOLCHAIN_BUILD=        yes
.if defined(TOOLCHAIN_BUILD)
BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_DIRS+=       /opt/sfw/gcc-3.2/lib
LDFLAGS+=               -Wl,-R/opt/sfw/gcc-3.2/lib
SITE_SPECIFIC_PKGS+=    lang/gcc3-c
SITE_SPECIFIC_PKGS+=    lang/gcc3-c++
SITE_SPECIFIC_PKGS+=    lang/gcc3-f77
LOCALBASE=              /opt/tools/pkg
PACKAGES=               /opt/tools/packages
PKG_DBDIR=              /opt/tools/var
.endif

and after that I commented out the TOOLCHAIN_BUILD part.  This gave me a
slightly more up to date compiler than the /opt/sfw one.  I also then
took /opt/sfw out of my path.

I'll note that the compiler setup and chroot setup have not changed in
probably a year and things were working correctly as recently as a few
weeks ago.

-Dan