Subject: Using the native OpenSSL on Solaris 9/10
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Parkes@ird.govt.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/2007 11:33:12
Hi all,
I'm using pkgsrc on Solaris 9 and Solaris 10. We have various Sun boxes with
various SUN crypto hardware in them. This means we have to use Sun's OpenSSL in
order to get the hardware acceleration and the latest Sun patches for their SSL
include enough new features to make it usable.

What do I need to do to pkgsrc to make it use the system OpenSSL instead of the
pkgsrc one? I started off just by commenting out the buildlink entry for openssl
in sysutils/cfengine2 and then compiling cfengine with "bmake
BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl=/opt/SUNWconn/crypto". This crashed and burned and I
did enough digging to find that the transformation part of the wrapper subsystem
simply won't permit compiler flags that point to absolute paths that it doesn't
know about.

This is obviously a policy decision and I'm okay with that, but I still need to
get pkgsrc to use the system OpenSSL.

How do I go about teaching pkgsrc about the Solaris OpenSSL?

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes
Senior Systems Programmer