Subject: Re: Motif default
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2007 08:44:08
In article <20070613213115.GA13115@britannica.bec.de> Joerg wrote:
: [BCC to pkgsrc-users, please keep the discussion on tech-pkg]

: Hi all,
: a while ago OpenMotif was changed to include the license as it is
: strictly partial OSS. The permission for use are only granted on Open
: Source platforms. Due to the way the license framework currently works,
: this means that we can't provide binary packages for any program
: depending on OpenMotif. This includes e.g. Xpdf and others.

  What exactly is the problem here?  Are you saying we do not provide
binary packages for any package with LICENSE set?  If so, I consider
that a serious bug.

  We have a variable that says wether we can distribute binary
packages: NO_BIN_ON_FTP.  That is only set for Openmotiv on non-OSS
platforms.

					yours,
					dillo