Subject: Re: building binary package variants for different PKG_OPTION settings
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2007 14:37:07

At Fri,  8 Jun 2007 12:14:40 +0200 (CEST), Dieter Baron wrote:
Subject: Re: emacs22
>   Because having separate packages for different build options does
> not scale well and is hard to maintain.

>   What we should do is specify which option combinations are important
> enough so we want binary packages for them and then build all of those
> during a bulk build.

I think it is EXTREMELY important to be able to (optionally) build all
of the desired binary package variants all simultaneously with a single
"make package" run, i.e. without having to use the "bulk build" stuff.

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>

MessageID: hfFb/bthGKqNGGbD4iBiZLHbBMEbC+lx