Subject: Re: RFC: Removing redundancy from packages that use bsd.options.mk
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2007 20:59:28
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:27:47AM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
>   The reason it is mandatory is that PKGBASE is not yet defined when
> bsd.options.mk is parsed and I did not want to duplicate the code for
> deriving PKGBASE.  Otherwise it would default to
> PKG_OPTIONS.${PKGBASE}.

[Written to rillig before, in the light of the emacs22 thread now also
public]

I'd suggest to actually more the PKGBASE define to bsd.prefs.mk and add
a modifier variable for the final (full) name. I believe this captures
the interesting use cases better than the current usage.

So basically we have PKGBASE_OPTION_MODIFER or so, that can be set
later, but e.g. PKGBASE and PKGBASE_NOREV are already defined. I still
expect some breakage, but it should be possible to sort that out.

Joerg