Subject: Re: Default for PKG_SYSCONFBASE
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2007 18:53:42
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> So I propose we change the default PKG_SYSCONFBASE from PREFIX/etc to
> point to /etc/pkg.  What would you think of such change?  Any way it

Experience with /etc/opt/ on Solaris supports this change, IMO. The
analogy with VARBASE is also convincing.
Personally, I had no problems with PREFIX/etc/; I do not run several
machines in parallel with a shared PREFIX directory.

> could be made transparent to the end user?  (Because if we did it, he
> could end up with a mixture of packages using the old setting and
> some others pointing to the new one.)

This seems to call for a well announced flag day. What about the release
of pkgsrc-2007Q3 or pkgsrc-2007Q4?

ciao
     Klaus