Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/bootstrap
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2007 09:35:28
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:23:44AM -0400, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> Agreed, that'll be a good test. I'll start up a fresh bulk build
> tomorrow with everything case-insensitive.

Can you also please add a warning in a promiment place about using
case-insensitive filesystems with e.g. network servers?

Something like:
WARNING: A number of programs are case-sensitive when evaluating access
permissions for files and directories. The use on case-insensitive
filesystem can break this assumptions and result in possible security
issues.

This could also apply to Interix of course.

Joerg