Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/bootstrap
To: Dieter Baron <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/2007 11:25:31
On 30/05/2007, at 11:09, Dieter Baron wrote:

> In article <> Amitai wrote:
> : Log Message:
> : We no longer need to check $pkgsrcdir for case-sensitivity.
>   Cool, thanks for all the work.
> : XXX Is it time we stopped checking $prefix, too? IMO, yes.
>   Could you do a bulk build and then extract the list of all files
> from all binary packages and see if there are any conflicts resulting
> from case insensitivity?  Then we would at least know which packages
> break.

We could check almost all packages by looking at the PLISTs.  This
could be automated somewhere and checked, e.g., prior building the
package (aborting the build if the check failed).  However, I agree
that disabling the check for $prefix could be good too!

The work directories are a different issue though.  We cannot easily
check for conflicts inside the distfiles (well, we could by
inspecting 'tar tzf's output, for example) nor the files they produce
during build...

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>