Subject: how to create/remove directories: INSTALLATION_DIRS, OWN_DIRS, MAKE_DIR, REQD_DIRS?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/20/2007 16:10:24
Hi,

I am confused about the plethora of options for creating and destroying
directories in pkgsrc.

Are OWN_DIRS, MAKE_DIRS, REQD_DIRS and INSTALLATION_DIRS all supposed
to be located under PREFIX or does this only apply to REQD_DIRS and
INSTALLATION_DIRS?

What is the difference between INSTALLATION_DIRS and REQD_DIRS? When
am I supposed to prefer one over the other?

I can specify owners and permissions for OWN_DIRS, MAKE_DIRS and
REQD_DIRS but not for INSTALLATION_DIRS. Is there something missing or
is INSTALLATION_DIRS only to be used in situations where this does not
matter?

Is there an explicit list of "pkgsrc base directories" (bin, etc,
share/doc, ...) I can omit when creating/destroying directories?

Am I really supposed to put "@unexec ${RMDIR}..."  in PLIST files? I
dimly remember that @exec/@unexec was a deprecated feature.

ciao
     Klaus