Subject: Re: packaging Thunderbird 2.0.0.0
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2007 15:00:51
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 01:51:48PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> thunderbird should probably be the latest release, with the
> old version as thunderbird1 if you want to keep it, though
> given the lack of security updates I'd be inclined to drop
> it.
>
> on a related note - www/firefox2 should be moved to www/firefox :)

I don't care much about mail/thunderbird being the latest version, we
have other versioned package directories like php* and postgresql*-*,
and pretty much everything of gnome and kde.

To make it more consistent, we could rename mail/thunderbird to
mail/thunderbird1 and www/firefox to www/firefox1, but they'll be
EOL'd soon enough to make it not worth the effort anyway.

	Geert