Subject: Re: Sandboxed bulk builds on slow machines?
To: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2007 00:18:04
At 18:41 Uhr +0200 7.5.2007, Jukka Salmi wrote:
>> Am I right in assuming that (other than with Sendmail) the zoo of little
>> Postfix daemons, all alike, must be started inside the chroot, too, in
>> order to have the build process send email?
>
>I _think_ you are right. (Actually only the Postfix master process has
>to be running; the other daemons are started by the master as required.)

Thanks for the confirmation - although in that case I would have liked an
error on my side better.  ;)
I'd rather reserve cpu power for building, than for running two instances
of Postfix on the machine. Methinks Postfix should have been removed from
NetBSD base alongside with Sendmail in favour of something basic like

>I use [1]ssmtp to send mail from inside chroots. It doesn't need a
>running daemon to do so.

I'll toy around with that; thanks for the link.

	hauke