Subject: Re: good news with AIX
To: None <>
From: Florian Heigl <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2007 18:11:11

(1) gcc3-c++ still will NOT build. It keeps re-checking the
    configuration ad infinitum. For this reason I have...

-> you HAVE to use CONFIG_SHELL=bash for gcc >2.9 to successfully
build on AIX. there's a few threads in comp.unix.aix on this, but the
setting is the culprit. I don't know if exporting / putting into
mk.conf is enough.

Someone else please fill in on that. :)

I used to run pkgsrc on 5.2 once, but at some point broke it and never
got it fixed.
For testing, look if the linker picks up things in /usr/pkg/lib (i.e.
zlib and ssl)
by building i.e apache2.

'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'