Subject: Re: wm/compiz Mesa 6.5.2
To: None <Gilles.Dauphin@enst.fr>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/25/2007 01:05:59
> compiz package need the latest Mesa6.5.2

Yes, I think I've mentioned this in the commit message.

> add a BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS >=6.5.2

Actually, one can build compiz against the pkgsrc Mesa-6.4
just fine. The resulting binary is OK, it just needs a Mesa-6.5
libGL at runtime to work correctly. An LD_LIBRARY_PATH does it
for me. I don't want to be anal here, but that's not an _API_
dependency. Not even ABI, just some functional dependency pkgsrc
has no means to express.

Updating Mesa will happen, but doing so in pkgsrc as a full
dependency is expensive, so it couldn't be done before the
Q1/07 branch.

best regards
Matthias