Subject: Re: Bulk builds and imake problems?
To: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2007 00:56:58
In article <20070416.220606.91306927.he@uninett.no> Havard wrote:
: I'm doing traditional "bulk builds" in a chroot environment, and
: looking at the bulk build logs, I have repeatedly seen output
: similar to this one:

: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> ===> Installing for gromit-20041213nb3
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> Imakefile.c:15: error: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha>
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> [wrapper.sh] note: The real command line, after the pkgsrc wrapper, was:
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gromit/work/.gcc/bin/gcc -I. -D__alpha__ -traditional -DUseInstalled -I/usr/p
: kgsrc/x11/gromit/work/.x11-buildlink/lib/X11/config -E Imakefile.c -I/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gromit/work/.buildlink/include -L/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gromit/work/.buildlink/lib
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> /usr/X11R6/bin/imake: Exit code 1.
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha>   Stop.
: 2007/04/12 09:26:30  4856/6591=73.7% x11/gromit @ alpha> make: don't know how to make builtin-test. Stop

: The complete build log for x11/gromit follows below.

: Despite the errors, the build appears to produce a binary
: package.

: I've looked at mk/buildlink3/imake-check, but it hasn't been
: touched since September 2006.

: I updated my pkgsrc tree on March 30 (yes, slightly before 2007Q1
: was cut).

: Any idea about what might be going on here?

  I see this a lot too, and so does at least wiz. It doesn't seem
to affect the build (binary packages are built and work), and as far
as I know no one tracked it down yet.  I sure would like to see it
fixed, though.

					yours,
					dillo