Subject: Re: Errors while creating/updating PEAR packages
To: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2007 17:31:01
------------qZDP7a8wujdEyRrlzKheAS

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:28:39 +0200, Adrian Portelli
<adrianp@stindustries.net> wrote:

> Loic Hoguin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I identified and fixed the problem.
>>
>> The package file format has been updated recently, which means the
>> pear_plist.php
>> file must be updated to reflect those changes. It currently can't find
>> the name
>> of the packages using the new file format.
>>
>> I'm currently testing the fixes I made against as many packages as I can
>> and I
>> will be sending a PR when I'm done.
>>
>> I also found another problem with some packages I'm adding to
>> pkgsrc-wip, where
>> the files baseinstalldir begins with a slashe, which cause the PLIST
>> output to
>> have two, thus causing an error during the file verification process.
>>
>> These two fixes will be in the PR I'll submit in 1 or 2 hours.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for doing that.  I'll look out for the PR.

I submitted a PR some time ago but didn't get a reply/number yet.
In any case here is the patch I submitted in the PR.

It fixes the two issues mentionned earlier.

I tested it against approximately 20 pear packages, including a dozen
new packages I'm working on.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend
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------------qZDP7a8wujdEyRrlzKheAS--