Subject: building shells/mksh with -combine -fwhole-program
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2007 10:57:46
--

This shell's build script already passes all of the code to the
compiler at once.  I'm not sure which version of gcc started
supporting this, but with NetBSD-current's gcc 4.1.2 it builds this
way with no warnings (though I don't think I tried -Wall).  Might it
be a good idea to add this for
gcc4?  It could be an option in case building it this way takes too
much memory for some users.

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11