Subject: Re: Errors while creating/updating PEAR packages
To: None <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2007 13:22:38
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:08:04 +0200, Adrian Portelli  
<adrianp@stindustries.net> wrote:

> essen@dev-extend.eu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently building a new package which requires a lot of PEAR ones.
>> I got the following error with a lot of packages. Here it is with a
>> pear/Date 1.4.7 (I just changed the version number in the Makefile in
>> pkgsrc/time/pear-Date).
>>
>> I get that error while updating this package, but also with some  
>> packages I just created. I don't get this with non-pear packages tough.
>>
>> Is there something special that must be done for pear packages?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Hi,
>
> The PLIST handling for pear is done automagically by
> lang/php/pear_plist.php.  For some reason the script isn't picking up
> the package name correctly and that's why you're getting these errors.
> More interestingly I just tried updating a few random pear-* packages
> and not all displayed this problem.  pear-Date and pear-HTTP_Request did
> but pear-DB didn't so that's a little strange.
>
> Could you please open a PR for this so the details are not lost.
>
> thanks,
>
> adrian.

Hello,

I identified and fixed the problem.

The package file format has been updated recently, which means the  
pear_plist.php
file must be updated to reflect those changes. It currently can't find the  
name
of the packages using the new file format.

I'm currently testing the fixes I made against as many packages as I can  
and I
will be sending a PR when I'm done.

I also found another problem with some packages I'm adding to pkgsrc-wip,  
where
the files baseinstalldir begins with a slashe, which cause the PLIST  
output to
have two, thus causing an error during the file verification process.

These two fixes will be in the PR I'll submit in 1 or 2 hours.

Regards,

-- 
Loc Hoguin
Dev:Extend