Subject: Re: Errors while creating/updating PEAR packages
To: None <>
From: Loic Hoguin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2007 13:22:38
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:08:04 +0200, Adrian Portelli
<> wrote:

> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm currently building a new package which requires a lot of PEAR ones.
>> I got the following error with a lot of packages. Here it is with a
>> pear/Date 1.4.7 (I just changed the version number in the Makefile in
>> pkgsrc/time/pear-Date).
>> I get that error while updating this package, but also with some
>> packages I just created. I don't get this with non-pear packages tough.
>> Is there something special that must be done for pear packages?
>> Thanks,
> Hi,
> The PLIST handling for pear is done automagically by
> lang/php/pear_plist.php.  For some reason the script isn't picking up
> the package name correctly and that's why you're getting these errors.
> More interestingly I just tried updating a few random pear-* packages
> and not all displayed this problem.  pear-Date and pear-HTTP_Request did
> but pear-DB didn't so that's a little strange.
> Could you please open a PR for this so the details are not lost.
> thanks,
> adrian.

I identified and fixed the problem.

The package file format has been updated recently, which means the
file must be updated to reflect those changes. It currently can't find the
of the packages using the new file format.

I'm currently testing the fixes I made against as many packages as I can
and I
will be sending a PR when I'm done.

I also found another problem with some packages I'm adding to pkgsrc-wip,
the files baseinstalldir begins with a slashe, which cause the PLIST
output to
have two, thus causing an error during the file verification process.

These two fixes will be in the PR I'll submit in 1 or 2 hours.

Loc Hoguin