Subject: Re: Errors while creating/updating PEAR packages
To: None <essen@dev-extend.eu>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2007 12:08:04
essen@dev-extend.eu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently building a new package which requires a lot of PEAR ones.
> I got the following error with a lot of packages. Here it is with a
> pear/Date 1.4.7 (I just changed the version number in the Makefile in
> pkgsrc/time/pear-Date).
>
> I get that error while updating this package, but also with some packages I just created. I don't get this with non-pear packages tough.
>
> Is there something special that must be done for pear packages?
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

The PLIST handling for pear is done automagically by
lang/php/pear_plist.php.  For some reason the script isn't picking up
the package name correctly and that's why you're getting these errors.
More interestingly I just tried updating a few random pear-* packages
and not all displayed this problem.  pear-Date and pear-HTTP_Request did
but pear-DB didn't so that's a little strange.

Could you please open a PR for this so the details are not lost.

thanks,

adrian.