Subject: Re: [Heads-up] NO_MTREE
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2007 21:23:43
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I plan to make NO_MTREE the default behaviour next week. I've been
> fixing most issues before the branch and I'll fix the remaining issues
> that pop up in the current incremental build with the gnome updates etc.
>
> This is useful because it (a) removes one more tool from the bootstrap
> chain (b) speeds up installation (c) reduces binary package size.

Can you please remind someone who hasn't followed pkgsrc development in
the past *cough* two years about the implications of this?
How will directories be created that were previously created via mtree?
Do we have to set some variables manually, or is it created from the
PLIST?

(In general this sounds good, thanks for working on this!)

  - Hubert