Subject: Re: gnome-doc-utils breakage: mostly fixed
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2007 07:16:49
I had fixes for both of these at one point; let me see if I can dig up
my dasher changes first.

My libgtop2 fixes only got it to build and MOSTLY work, it still
crashed.  The minimum that has to be done to get it working is to
replace some calls to kvm_getproc() with kvm_getproc2() and likewise
change *pinfo to struct kinfo_proc2.  In addition, struct ucred needs
to be changed to struct uucred.Most if not all of the information one
needs to do the kinfo_proc2 gig is in sys/sysctl.h.

IMHO, the whole thing should be converted to kvm_getproc2() wherever
possible, as you can call it with sizeof(struct kinfo_proc2) and never
have size issues, plus there's no root access necessary, IIRC.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11