Subject: Re: creating pkg_summary after each bulk build
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/21/2007 08:38:30
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Bedis wrote:
> > BTW, there is no MAINTAINER= field in the pkg_summary.
> > Is it possible to add it ?
>
> I guess so, with some effort... it's currently not recorded in installed
> & binary packages, so we'd have to add it there first. Given all the
> backward handling that may be required, maybe we can first identify if
> there's need for more items to add (and why!)?

MAINTAINER is included in +BUILD_INFO since at least last June.

The MAINTAINER for pkg_summary was discussed a little last April 2006.
joerg said back then: "MAINTAINER can change, I'm not sure how much sense
it makes to record it for years to follow :-)"

I was also interested in knowing who built the package. But I don't see
that as really important. We do have BUILD_HOST recorded (but not in
pkg_summary).

When I made the original proposals about this in Dec. 2004/Jan. 2005 (and
again in 2006), I based it on the fields I found for other packaging
systems "available" databases.

We need to make sure the PROVIDES, REQUIRES, and SIZE_PKG are correct
also.

  Jeremy C. Reed