Subject: Re: creating pkg_summary after each bulk build
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Dieter Baron <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/2007 20:15:34
In article <> Hubert wrote:
: Right now we only create a pkg_summary file when uploading to the NetBSD
: FTP server. When someone else whants a pkg_summary file, they have to do
: things manually.

: I'd suggest we change this to creating the pkg_summary after each bulk
: build, regardless if it's uploaded somewhere or not.

  Definitely!  I wasn't aware the bulk build did create pkg_summary at

: Why? Local pkgtools may want to make use of the file.

: The patche below is intended to change this. I cannot test it though.
: Any comments? Commit? Objections?

  Looks good, I'll test it on my next bulk build.