Subject: Re: Handling of implicit (but required) buildlink3.mk due to package
To: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/2007 23:30:32
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Brian de Alwis wrote:
> In /etc/mk.conf.  My PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg is actually:
>
>    PKG_OPTIONS.ffmpeg=lame vorbis faac
>
> Building multimedia/vlc produces an error while linking:
>
>    /usr/pkg/lib/libavcodec.a(faac.o): In function `Faac_encode_init':
>    faac.c:(.text+0x35): undefined reference to `faacEncOpen'

It seems the ffmpeg buildlink3.mk file does not recognize options for
dependencies, only for building ffmpeg itself. Which I think is ... wrong.

I'm not sure though, maybe someone understanding the options & buildlink
code can make a statement on their interaction?

(At worst the ffmpeg bl3 file needs to be made of the options, somehow -
send patches! :)

  - Hubert