Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: HP-UX
To: Florian Heigl <>
From: Tobias Nygren <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2007 21:47:23
Florian Heigl wrote:
> (now if I just managed sending this to the list in the first place.)

I hope you'll have better luck with the new "release".
the latest shells/bash does compile fine on 11.11 with HP's compiler.
You bug reports are valuable. I am mostly interested in
infrastructural bugs such as mk/* problems and breakage in perl,
libtool, openssl and such. The more exotic packages will come later.

The newer HP-UXen use ELF binaries instead of SOM. The
support for this should be easy to implement, but I really need a
shell account on an Itanium box to the the detection logic right.

I plan to run triweekly bulk builds on the hardware I have in my
possession, once the mk/* changes settle down.