Subject: Re: HP-UX
To: Adrien Auzanneau <ada@netbsd-fr.org>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn+nbsd@nygren.pp.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2007 18:41:17
Adrien Auzanneau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m searching a way to run netbsd pkgsrc under HP-UX.
> I found quite old post on Mailing List.
> Does someone run it ? Have a working binary bootstrap ?
> My test box is HP-UX rp3440 B.11.23.
> I’m using pkgsrc-current from last week.
> When run bootstrap I’ve got this error:
>
> cc  -I. -I.  -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c bits.c
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -g option is available only with the
> C/ANSI C product; ignored.
>
> I’ve tryed to install everything related to C/ANSI…always got this error…
> So I’ve installed precompiled binary pkg of gcc-1.4.2  (from
> hpux.connect.org.uk).
> And simply change the default cc (/usr/bin/cc@ -> /usr/local/bin/gcc)
> Now, when running bootstrap, I’ve got this error:
>
> H=\"/usr/pkg/share/mk\" -c
> /sbt1/adrien/wrk/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/sigcompat.c
> /sbt1/adrien/wrk/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/sigcompat.c:272: error:
> conflicting types for 'sigpause'
> /usr/include/sys/signal.h:300: error: previous declaration of
> 'sigpause' was here
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> ===> exited with status 1
> aborted.
>
> Just in case I’ve also installed precompiled bin pkg of make-3.81
> (dependency of gcc..) (from hpux.connect.org.uk) and then change the
> make link too (/usr/bin/make@ -> /usr/local/bin/gmake)
>
> /pkg/share/mk\"  -I../../libnbcompat  -c -o sigcompat.o
> /sbt1/adrien/wrk/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/sigcompat.c
> /sbt1/adrien/wrk/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/bmake/sigcompat.c:272: error:
> conflicting types for 'sigpause'
> /usr/include/sys/signal.h:300: error: previous declaration of
> 'sigpause' was here
> make: *** [sigcompat.o] Error 1
> ===> exited with status 1
> aborted.
>
> I’m browsing to find a tip, also have opened a thread on itrc, but if
> someone got an idea….
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
>
> -- Adrien Auzanneau

I have a homebrew patchset for HP-UX. It involves changes to
buildlink (add support for .sl library suffix), platform tool
definitions and some libtool and x11-links stuff.

The bootstrap can't be built automatically right now, but I can
post the patches and a binary bootstrap if you want to play with it.

I've actually had a working HP-UX pkgsrc for over a year, but since
there wasn't any demand for it up until now I didn't bother fixing
the remaining issues ... maybe I'll contribute it soon :)

-Tobias