Subject: Re: Linux/File and subst.mk errors
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Habel <uli@habel.name>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2007 13:53:38
--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

> I've setup pkgsrc on debian last week, and ran into a bunch of=20
> (debian)packages not installed, that pkgsrc-bootstrap wants.=20

That's quite easy. I've set up my environment for LinuxInfotag in
Augsburg. The following things should be installed with apt-get:

apt-get install build-essential gcc libncurses5-dev \
                make patch bin86 m4 find

These are the packages I am working on - works well. I can't find
any packages which are needed after the installation of these and their
dependancies.

> This could be expanded e.g. to Solaris to check if the required packages=
=20
> are installed.

This may need some serious maintainance tho. Especially alot of the
Solaris issues might be solved e.g.: the path to cpp.

Uli

--=20
Ulrich Habel
http://habel.name