Subject: Re: Removing -L from EXTRACT_OPTS_ZIP?
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/23/2007 21:32:52
On 2/23/07, Thomas Klausner <> wrote:
> Is there still a reason why we should have -L in the default
> unzip flags?
> (from the unzip help: "-L  make (some) names lowercase")

> If not, I suggest we switch the default and handle the fallout :)

It's because there are some packages with source zipfiles that use the
conventions of an unnamed platform with CR-LF line endings and
filenames that ARE-ALLC.APS.

Changing the default is not a problem, but a careful examination of
bulk build diffs from before and after is in order.  I know at least
one package that will probably break, but I've long forgotten what it
was.  :)

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>