Subject: [RFC] New category: filesystems
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2007 21:14:38
Hi folks,

We're about to get a whole lot of packages relating to file systems,
mainly from FUSE compatibility - not just restricted to NetBSD's
librefuse, which uses libpuffs, but for all the other systems out
there which use FUSE itself - FreeBSD, MacOS X, Linux, Opensolaris
(there may be others).

I'd also like to include openafs, and any other LKMs in this group.

If anyone is against a new category called filesystems, could they
please speak up now?

Thanks,
Alistair

PS.  For those who are coming to this fresh, we usually have a
requirement that there are a significant number of packages which
could be placed in the new category before we make one (although we
bypassed this with biology, IIRC), and so I'd like to go straight to
this category, rather than going by an indirect route of misc/ first.