Subject: Re: graphics/ImageMagick distfile botch
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/12/2007 23:08:05
    Date:        Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:55:28 -0600 (CST)
    From:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>

  | It is not too late.

Yes, once the change has been made as it is now, you get some
distfile directories with one copy, and some with another.
Any attempted correction probably results in many people
fetching the distfile again for no good reason.  The people who
need a new copy (which I did) will discover that, if it ever
matters, and they can fetch the updated one - people who already
have it need not be forced to get it again, just so it can live
in a different directory.

Of course, the cvs log message could be fixed.

  | I also mentioned it in two emails on the 8th. But I reminder is good.

Oh.   I did a quick scan of my pending NetBSD mail, and saw nothing,
but I probably didn't go that far back in time.   I do a complete
"make checksum" of everything on Sunday mornings, and sometimes check
the results ... yesterday was one of those times, that was when I first
saw that the checksum was now wrong (but I knew it had been OK, as I'd
used the old distfile to update my binary package earlier).   For now,
as no revbump has happened, I'm assuming the binary package compiled
from the previous distfile is OK.

kre