Subject: New version of ike-scan available - v1.9
To: None <>
From: Roy Hills <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2007 10:16:09
ike-scan v1.9 has been released.

I'm sending you this Email because you've previously registered an
interest in ike-scan, or because I think that you are the maintainer
of an ike-scan port or package.  If you don't want to receive further
ike-scan announcements, please let me know and I'll remove your
address from the list.

The key changes from the previous version (v1.8) are:

a) Experimental IKEv2 support (--ikev2)
b) RFC 3947 NAT traversal support (--nat-t)
c) Source IP spoofing (--sourceip) - Requires raw sockets.
d) Nortel proprietary pre-shared key cracking support.
e) psk-crack can read dictionary files from stdin (--dictionary=-)
f) Backoff patterns may contain only a single packet.
g) Two new packet display options: --timestamp and --shownum
h) ike-scan now uses the Mersenne twister PRNG, with new --randomseed option.
i) --rcookie option allows the responder cookie to be specified in
outgoing packets.
j) Several new backoff patterns and vendor IDs added.
k) ike-scan wiki launched:

For full details of the changes, please read the ChangeLog and NEWS
files in the tarball.
For usage notes, please refer to the ike-scan wiki at

To download the new version, go to:
(Source tarball)
(Windows-32 Binary)

md5sums should be:

bed63c7d2f54c482525a735be7b5e720 ike-scan-1.8.tar.gz  (Source Tarball)
5a224a60235189ba1b8882c98e09489c  (Windows-32 Binary)

If you are hosting a copy of ike-scan, or you are maintaining a port
or package, please process and upload this new version.

Please continue to send any comments or suggestions to:

As always, please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Roy Hills