Subject: Apache and APR problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, xtraeme@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2007 09:35:57
I just tried to do a "make update" in devel/apr (as updating Apache from
2.2.3 to 2.2.4 doesn't update apr). It deinstalled apr 1.2.8 and Apache,
then started installing apr-0.9.12.2.0.59nb2.

Is this a one-off problem, or do many of our multiple-version packages
default to one version even if an update is being done on another version?

This also brings to light the fact that we STILL don't have an easy way to
tell people how to figure out what would be the most efficient top-down
way to update. When you have packages such as ImageMagick, for instance,
with updates to png and tiff as an example, there's no easy way to do an
update to all three packages in a row; you either have to use pkg_delete
-f, or you have to rebuild ImageMagick TWICE.

Has any thought been put into this problem lately?

Thanks,
John Klos