Subject: why is autoheader not found?
To: Packages Technical List NetBSD Discussion <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/25/2006 23:28:21
I'm trying to add a new package to pkgsrc-wip, and it behave pretty
strangely.
Please consider the following Makefile lines:

DISTNAME=       tftp-hpa-0.45
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/tftp/
EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tar.bz2

GNU_CONFIGURE=  YES
USE_TOOLS+=     autoheader

when making it in the pkgsrc framework  I end up like this:

===> Building for tftp-hpa-0.45
rm -f aconfig.h.in aconfig.h
autoheader
WARNING: `autoheader' is missing on your system.  You should only
need it if
          you modified `acconfig.h' or `configure.in'.  You might want
          to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them
          from any GNU archive site.
if test -x config.status; then  ./config.status --recheck && ./
config.status ;  else  ./configure ;  fi
config.status: creating MCONFIG
config.status: creating aconfig.h
config.status: error: cannot find input file: aconfig.h.in
*** Error code 1

Stop.

why is autoheader not found? It is true that it is not installed, but
shouldn't the pkgsrc framework do so automatically?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 151 11559652