Subject: Further tests on x11 7.2.0
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2006 10:20:35
Jeremy C. Reed a écrit :

> xorg-server-1.1.99.903 is the latest version for Xorg 7.2 release
> candidate.

It works fine on my machine too. There is, as far as I can remember,
because I didn't note it, a compiling error, due to the fact that
"u_long" type is not defined unless _NETBSD_SOURCE is defined too. That
happens while a C file includes unistd.h that prototypes some functions
with u_long, u_short, etc.

Otherwise, I stepped to libX11 1.1.1 with underlying xcb 1.0. Works
okay, no problem or otherwise strange effects as far. Just a compiling
fault because of a AI_something flag somewhere in a getaddress variable;
that flag does not exist under NetBSD; needs only being removed in order
to fix the bug.

1.2.99 cannot be compiled properly. A WSKbd and a PostEvent function
have been removed out of xf86Events.c to be glued into some external xkb
library, but I could not locate that library at this time. Since the
source code is older than 1.1.99.903, I guess this is pendung work while
the 7.2 is in the final release process.

Vincent