Subject: Re: Experience with modular-x11
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/13/2006 12:47:39
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 10:11:47AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > But that is not in xorg-server-1.1.1 source tarball. That tarball is too
> > old! Many, many fixes have been done since then. Please use newer tarball
> > from http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/xserver/ or from
> > http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/development/individual/xserver/
>
> It also changes a lot of internal interfaces and needs a lot more
> modifications to properly get working. The infrastructure for the
> userland is my focus of attention.

Okay. My point just was to the original poster that it may not be worth
trying to troubleshoot and fix problems that have been (or may have been)
already fixed long ago.

As the next official release of Xorg will be out real soon, we may want to
use at least the beta version for it for pkgsrc testing.

xorg-server-1.1.99.903 is the latest version for Xorg 7.2 release
candidate.

I think the other tarball, 1.2.99.0, is the one with all the major changes
-- and I agree is not needed for pkgsrc now.