Subject: Re: gnupg2 build failure on netbsd-3
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/11/2006 14:07:58
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 08:00:19AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> The other issue is that expressing that one needs 0.14.1 in the
> Makefile should cause devel/gettext-lib/buildlink3.mk to pull that in,
> or there should be some way to tell USE_TOOLS that one needs a newer
> version.   I'm a bit perplexed as to USE_TOOLS vs. the bl3; it seems
> USE_TOOLS is for build time and bl3 for linking.   It seems to be
> asking for trouble to use newer tools and an older library, though.

The file format doesn't change. Cherry picking gettext is asked for
trouble, just as cherry picking iconv is often difficult to dangerous.
I don't think there's any proper reason to require linking with another
gettext version and at least the gettext in NetBSD 4 will be good enough
for this I think.

Joerg