Subject: Re: rpath and prefix option for binary packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/08/2006 20:29:29
On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:56:48PM +0100, Anthony Mallet wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger writes:
> | It also generates a wrong pkgdb, which is even worse.
>
> That's really more annoying...
> What do you mean by 'wrong pkgdb'? Does the -p option change the
> database that pkg_add will use?

Well, OK, let's be more precise. I would expect -p to change the install
location only, and not the prefix in the package description. I've been
using it in DragonFly when building the release ISO. You don't want to
run that in a chroot, as the binaries might not run with the host
kernel. So something like an installation prefix is needed, what pkg_add
was lacking. I had to work around it by post-fixing the pkgdb entries by
hand.

Joerg