Subject: rpath and prefix option for binary packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@laas.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/08/2006 18:01:52
Hello pkg-people,

Correct me if I am wrong: I think that binary packages installed with
pkg_add -p <path> with a different path than the one used to generate the
package get installed with the wrong RPATH for shared libraries.

Has anyone already thought about some workaround for this?
Or is it a nonsense to think about a workaround? :p
Has it already been discussed here? (I was not able to find such a topic
in the list archives).

I came accross the chrpath (GPL) utlitity that is able to modify an
existing RPATH in an ELF object. I was wondering if some of you would be
aware of other similar utility (ideally not a GPL one ...) ?

Would it make sense to add such a functionnality to pkg_add? (I have no
idea about how other object formats handle this feature).

Thanks for your answers,
-- Anthony