Subject: lang/perl5 on IRIX
To: None <>
From: Christian Biere <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2006 12:37:43

using GCC lang/perl5 does not compile for me on IRIX64 6.5. I
think the following fragment from lang/perl5/Makefile should be

.if ${OPSYS} == "IRIX"
.  if ${ABI} == "64"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	-Dcc=${CC:Q}" -64" -Duse64bitint
.  else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	-Dcc=${CC:Q}" -n32"
.  endif

mk/compiler/ and mk/compiler/ already take
care of this. With GCC the above fragment will break the
build because -64 is clearly not understood.

The build won't succeed though because Configure thinks it
knows more about IRIX and apparently fails to identify GCC
in the hints/ because it refers to "$cc" which
apparently is not "gcc" but "cc" (but still GCC) here. It
should refer to "$gccversion" instead. I've fixed the latter
with the sledgehammer but it still breaks later.

Anyway, any objections if I removed the above fragment for
a start?