Subject: Re: xorg-libs on sparc64
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2006 21:28:28
Arto Huusko wrote:
> Since building something else now failed with missing
> headers I rebuilt xorg-libs (as far as I could see there
> were no errors in plain make), and during install the
> first error I see is:

And indeed this broke down originally right at the
beginning:

WARNING: [subst.mk] Ignoring non-text file "./config/cf/NetBSD.cf.in".
WARNING: [subst.mk] Ignoring non-text file "./config/cf/Library.tmpl".
WARNING: [subst.mk] Ignoring non-text file "./config/cf/Imake.tmpl".

I'm rebuilding now with subst.mk rev 1.36 which apparently
fixes exactly this problem.

Which is not to say that xorg-libs' Makefiles really
suck (which is not pkgsrc's fault) when they ignore this:

including in lib/Xt...
+ mkdir unshared
rm -f StringDefs.c StringDefs.h Shell.h
MAKESTRS@: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop.
make: stopped in /local/build/pkgsrc/x11/xorg-libs/work.sparc64/xc/lib/Xt
including in lib/Xss...
+ mkdir unshared
etc.