Subject: Re: pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap (solaris ABI 64)
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/22/2006 08:56:46

Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Gilles Dauphin wrote:
> >What is the problem?
> It usually helps to explain what the idea behind the patch is - what is=
> the problem, how does it manifest, etc.

Also, if you have already submitted this patch, please include a pointer
to the PR and previous discussion.

Looking at your patch, I notice that you use

${CC:-gcc} -E - -dM

Does Solaris's native compiler accept "-E - -dM"?

Also, do we already have the necessary other bits to make use of ABI=3D64
on Solaris in mk/* ?  Or would stuff break due to how libraries are
searched for if ABI is set?

Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (NetBSD)