Subject: Re: pkgsrc/bootstrap/bootstrap (solaris ABI 64)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/22/2006 08:56:46
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Gilles Dauphin wrote:
> >What is the problem?
>=20
> It usually helps to explain what the idea behind the patch is - what is=
=20
> the problem, how does it manifest, etc.

Also, if you have already submitted this patch, please include a pointer
to the PR and previous discussion.

Looking at your patch, I notice that you use

${CC:-gcc} -E - -dM

Does Solaris's native compiler accept "-E - -dM"?

Also, do we already have the necessary other bits to make use of ABI=3D64
on Solaris in mk/* ?  Or would stuff break due to how libraries are
searched for if ABI is set?

-Jan

--=20
Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--