Subject: Re: where to store gnome-specific files?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2006 08:58:09
On 11/16/06, Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de> wrote:
> I'm just including gtk-inomc into pkgsrc-wip. It natively installs
> the following files:
>
> bin/gtk-imonc
> share/gnome/apps/Internet/gtk-imonc.desktop
> share/gtk-imonc/pixmaps/*.png
> share/gtk-imonc/pixmaps/*.xpm
>
> what paths should I use for the last three entries with pkgsrc? Are
> there suitable default GNOME paths?

The .desktop file should be installed into share/gnome/applications/;
the location it's currently using is an old GNOME 1.x thing.  However,
given that it currently is not installed there, it may require some
patching to work in the new location.  If you leave it in the original
location, though, it should still work but then you need to use
gnome1-dirs.

The images, I'm not sure.  You can leave them where they are for
simplicity.  Otherwise you'll have to track down their usage and patch
the program to look for them in some other place.  Not worth it, I
think.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>