Subject: Re: buildlink ignoring my share libraries!
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/15/2006 15:11:09
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 04:24:38PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:28:15PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Same here, I removed all packages, rebuild NetBSD -current, and started
> > reinstalling all packages.
>
> Ok, here is a how you should be able to recover:
>
> cvs update (at least src/dist/file) and rebuild and install src/lib/libmagic.
[..]

Just for the record: yes, this fixed things.

Rebuilding firefox and all the libraries involved took some 10 hours,
but it *did* manage to compile pango, cairo, and all the other gtk stuff
involved - and firefox at least starts up and loads a few sample
pages "just fine".

Thanks for digging into it, and fixing the root cause.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de