Subject: Re: package categories
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hugo Rivera <uair9@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2006 07:57:47
 --- George Georgalis <george@galis.org> escribió:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 07:48:08PM -0500, Greg
> Troxel wrote:
> >Adding tool suppport for renamed packgaes isn't
> impossible, just
> >work.  But until it's done, I think we should
> rename packages only
> >when their current names are downright broken.
>
> Definitely easier than "impossible" -- I only used
> that word with
> hope someone would take it as a challenge. Bug-free
> "tool suppport
> for renamed packgaes" would be tough, and probably
> not worth the
> effort. So, I agree, given dependency issues,
> probably best to
> keep packages, which have dependencies, where they
> are.

I did not know that moving a package from one category
to another can be so problematic, that's because I
have little experience with pkgsrc internals.

> That said, a category called science seems
> appropriate, even if
> math and biology remain as more specific sciences.

To add a science category, even if the biology and
math packages remain where they are, sounds very good
to me. I guess I cannot do that since I'm not a
developer (I only created a couple of packages in
pkgsrc-wip), so, is it doable? can someone create this
new category?

Saludos

Hugo

Correo Yahoo!