Subject: Re: per package CONFIGURE_ARGS in mk.conf
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <diro@nixsys.bz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/05/2006 17:07:15
>> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 07:20:17PM +0000, diro@nixsys.bz wrote:
>> Even with PKG_OPTIONS, though, take sqwebmail again as an example. Things
>> like:
>>
>> --with-maxargsize =n
>> --with-maxformargsize=n
>
> BUILD_DEFS allows tracking of such settings. We use it in other places
> as well. Consider hard-coded UIDs...
>
> Joerg

I remember using BUILD_DEFS for things and then PKG_OPTIONS came along near
the time i started spending less time playing with NetBSD. I saw a few once
BUILD_DEFS options become PKG_OPTIONS, so i was just wondering if it's worth
my time to suggest a whole lot of new BUILD_DEFS for certain packages that
would make them more configurable under pkgsrc or there was a preferred new
method of doing this, using PKG_OPTIONS or otherwise.

!tr